Historic Trinity Lutheran Church was organized in 1899 as one of the city’s earliest Lutheran congregations by some of the first Norwegians to settle in the Northwest Territories. They came to Calgary from Eau Claire, Wisconsin to work at the Eau Claire and Bow River Lumber Company managed by Peter Prince. Itinerant ministers held services in private homes until 1910 when a basement structure was built on this site which became the first permanent home of the Norwegian Lutheran Church. The completed building was dedicated in 1924. By 1937 all services once administered, in Norwegian were conducted in English. The church name was anglicized to Trinity Lutheran in 1941 and changed to Historic Trinity Lutheran in 1996. Constructed in the Homestead style, Historic Trinity Lutheran is one of the last remaining buildings of the original Eau Claire District.