809 18 Avenue Southwest, Calgary

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This wood frame Queen Anne Revival house was built in 1911 as a wedding present to Miss Bessie Fairy from her father. Bessie married William McGee, and (according to the 1911 Henderson’s Directory) continued to work as a registration agent for the Dominion Government. The property changed hands numerous times between 1911 and 1941, but since 1941 has had only two owners.
The house was duplexed in 1949 by then owner Mr. William J. Speerstra, who maintained the property from 1941 to 1987.