Anderson Estates 804 – 18 Ave. SW
Machinery businessman Alexander Victor Anderson (1863 – 1920) commissioned the design and construction of this massive 6-storey brick building in 1913. It was designed as a bachelor hotel¸ but always operated as luxury apartments (one of the first such buildings in Calgary) until the year 2000¸ when its suites were upgraded and sold as condominiums.
The H-shaped pattern of the building provides all the apartments with natural sunlight. A brass, 1928 Otis model, birdcage elevator is still in service in this elegant building.