Our home is an Arts and Crafts house, built in 1914 by the McAra family (printing company) on land owned by Henry James Madill and William Robertson (land sold for $2000.00). This house was later owned by the Mackie family and then the Shaw family. We are the fourth owners of this home. The historic character of this house has been preserved both on the inside and the outside. Beyond who owned this house we do not know much about the actual history of the house…so we will have to do some research.