Like most in the area this 1910 home was home to many within the CPR. Later on the GM of Calgary’s Flesher Marble and his family were occupants for many years before it was turned into a suited rental home. Gary and Fran Smith purchased the home in the early 80’s and raised their 3 kids here. In 2003 they subdivided the lot and began building the infill next door at 608 with plans on living in it while living in their new abode – which did materialize.
In 2004 the home was bought by its current owners and they currently live here with their 2 children. The home went through an extensive restoration and renovation that began in the fall of 2012 and continues today. The owners have worked diligently to keep the historical character and integrity of the home while bringing in some classic modernity to ensure its next 100 years.