Although this block of 6th Street was subdivided in 1912, this property was not sold by Freddy Lowes until after the first world war, when the southernmost lot was bought by a returning WWI soldier. This house was built in 1928, by a manager for a farm equipment manufacturing company. It is an example of late Arts and Crafts style, with lighter wood finishing and some art deco touches, particularly on the central hall stairs. While Alberta’s agriculture-based economy was healthy in the late 1920s, the situation was much worse by 1930. After only two years, the orginal home owners moved out and for much of the 1930s, The City of Calgary had registered leins on the property for unpaid taxes. The house was bought in the late 1930s by an executive with a coal company, and then sold again in the 1950s to a manager with a pipeline company. From the early 1960s until 2006, it was home to the family of a lawyer, who eventuallywas appointed to the Alberta Court of Appeals. In its eighty-five years, this house, and the families who have lived here, have experienced many aspects of Calgary’s history and development, through world war, economic boom and bust, and the area’s development from an agrarian to a diverse, knowledge-based economy.