Built in 1912, this storey and one half house, was at one time a two bedroom, one bath bungalow with a large attic and a very dark brown exterior. The property had no garage at that time.
The first owner was the Donald W McLeod family. Mr. McLeod was an accountant with the Alberta Steam Laundry Company. The family moved into the house in 1914 and lived here until 1918. At that time it is not clear whether they sold the house or continued owning it and renting it out to a variety of families.
From 1919 to 1921, a rancher, by the name of Wallace T Eddy lived in the house.
Then in 1922, John S Cameron, who was a teacher at Central High School, lived here.
Once again a change of families came in 1923 when a broker by the name of Percy Simington lived here for one year.
Happily in 1924 the house got a rest from all of these transient movers and the house was bought by Walter E Williamson, who was a trainman with the Canadian Pacific Railway. The family was one of the first to have a telephone in 1935 and they lived here into their retirement years until 1950.
Then in 1951 the Ernest R Lamm family, who owned a church supply company, moved in and —as folklore has it, —had a multitude of kids (obviously no birth control) and therefore had to renovate the attic in order to make a few more bedrooms. It has also been rumored that Mrs. Lamm was a painter and used the family room as her studio.
Then sometime in the mid 1980’s the house once again changed hands for a very short period of time to the McCaffrey family who also rented out the house. Their son Dennis and his wife Pat, lived next door. At that time one of the main floor bedrooms was finally made into a dining room and a bathroom was added upstairs.
Happily, since 1988, the house has once again seen stability with the present owner who still resides here. When the present owner moved in, the house was finally given an interior facelift to the kitchen and a change to the lighter exterior color, being light grey, instead of the depressing brown. The interior, however, has retained its historical charm with bevelled glass windows, built in telephone nook with collapseable wooden stool, as well as the large base boards and high ceilings on the main floor. The garage was also added in 1988.