Originally built in 1913, this home features Edwardian Vernacular architecture, with its steep gabled roof and open front veranda. If you look at the two homes to the right – #2203 and #2205 – you will see they are of similar architectural style (they were also built in 1913).
Subsequent changes to the exterior of the home include replacement of the windows and siding, and the addition of a third storey loft.
According to records from 1915 and 1916, a gentleman named Thomas Connelly first lived here. Mr. Connelly was employed as an accountant with the Superintendent’s Office at CP Rail.
From 1917 to 1918, Arthur Baldwin is listed as the resident of the home, although he was in active service during this time. Private Baldwin was with the 89th Battalion in Calgary beginning in November 1915. He was sent to France in August 1916 where he was transferred to the 10th Battalion. On April 9, 1917, he was wounded during the Battle of Vimy Ridge, but rejoined “The Fighting Tenth” in September 1918. After returning from the war, Mr. Baldwin worked for 16 years at the Round T Ranch in High River.
From 1920 to 1921, William Henry Kidner lived in this home. Mr. Kidner was employed as a printer at the Victoria Prevocational School. Mr. Kidner was born in the UK in 1868 and worked as a newspaper printer in Bristol, before immigrating to Canada in 1903.
From 1930 to 1968, Cornelius (Neil) Albert Peach lived in this home with his wife, Mary. Mr. Peach was born on June 21, 1881 in Huntingdonshire, England. He was a member of the 137th Battalion in the Canadian Army and served from August 1916 to March 1919. Mr. Peach was later awarded the Victory Medal and British War Medal.
Following his active service, Mr. Peach was employed with the Calgary Brewing and Malting Company in Inglewood. Together, Neil and Mary had two children, Gladys and James.
Our family has lived here since 2011, and we are proud to call it our home!