Constructed in 1913.
First record of occupation is in 1915 when Andrew Archibald, Branch Manager for Riverside Lumber Company (1318 – 16 Ave W), moved in.
In 1916 Harry Little lived in the house briefly then in 1917 John H. French, driver for Campbell Wilson & Horne (325 – 10 Ave W) moved in. By 1920 G.S. Lord, a school teacher at Central Collegiate School, became the fourth person to occupy this house.
In 1922 James Fowler moved into the house. Best known as one of Alberta’s outstanding educators, Dr. James Fowler was a highly respected high school teacher and later as faculty and eventually President of the Provincial Institute of Technology and Arts (today known as SAIT and ACAD).
In 1953 Kenneth D. Gibson and his wife Sylvia bought this house and made it a welcoming home for their friends and family. They operated Gibson’s Bowling Academy (108 7 Ave SW) and later Gibson’s Westbrook Bowl.
In 2009 the present owners renovated the interior of the house so as to upgrade the plumbing, electrical, and insulation while attempting to maintain the original character of the structure.