The 2 storey house was built in 1912 containing 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, an open front porch, with a gravity furnace and knob and tube wiring.
The Front Porch was closed in and 2 car Garage added in the 50’s.
The property was fully renovated in 2012 with all new high efficiency systems for mechanical, plumbing and electrical. All of the interior was upgraded with natural materials, lo vo finishes, upgraded insulation and new windows for higher thermal efficiency and cross ventilation. We squeezed in a Powder Room, built a new kitchen and bathroom and refurbished the entire house including the basement. The total exterior was repaired and upgraded in keeping with the style of the original century home. All the landscaping was redone with sustainable materials and any retained plant material was prunned for healthier growth.
We named the house ‘FARM HOUSE’ as it is reminiscent of the simplicity and style of the farm house packages that could be ordered from Sears and were sent out to farmers in rural areas and erected as a kit of parts by the purchaser. These farm houses can still be found in the prairie landscape to this day.