The first resident was John D. Trotter who occupied the house from about 1913 to 1919. He had a men’s furnishings store at 114 – 8 Ave. East. The Winchell family came in 1919. Mr. Winchell was treasurer of United Engines and Threshers. The Brown family followed in 1924 until 1925. Mr. Brown was a special agent with Springfield Fire and Marine. Ernest Cheney, a clerk with the post office lived in the house from 1926 to 1931.