The Doris-Anne House
Welcome to our Century Home. The first owner of the land, after subdivision was Florence May Miles-Bailey of Hampshire, England.
The house was built between 1912 and 1913 for around $7000.00 It was designed in the Italianate architectural style (low pitched hipped roof, stucco siding and tower) with Craftsman influence (river rock facing and squared-off windows).
The first occupant was Major Cornelius T. de Kam who took title early 1914. He was an architectural engineer and Director of the Provincial Military School.
Percival Timms, feedstore owner, broker, and oil businessman lived here in the 1920s. He was also the President of the Calgary Horticulural Society.
The Edgar D. Lougheed family, including junior-high–aged former Alberta Premier Peter Lougheed resided here from 1939 to 1943.
Sam Diamond, builder of the historic President Apartments on 12 Ave SW and uncle of Martha Cohen, was resident in the late 1940s.
We are about mid-way through a major restoration/renovation of the house and landscape. For example, most of the windows have been replaced in the original style and trim work is pending. We thank all our neighbors for their patience while we work to preserve this historic Elbow Park home.