1326 16 Street NW

Photo courtesy of volunteer.
Photo courtesy of volunteer.

Mr. Byron E. Elson, chief clerk at the Post Office lived here. He eventually became assistant post master, and lived in the house until 1919. In 1920 Victor D. Sprott and family arrived. He was the principal of the Sprott Business College. William Knowles, a dominion meat inspector, lived in the house in 1923. In 1924 D. Arthur McKerricher, an instructor at the provincial normal school moved in with his family and they stayed until 1939.  Dr. C. Samson, also an instructor at the provincial normal school, and his family came in 1940 and they stayed until 1950 when Dr. Samson was retired.