A building permit was issued to Mrs. E. Elsley on Sept 26, 1912 for a frame residence. The builder was C.A. Maus. The exterior is stucco and bevel siding; the interior is plastered. Bevel siding is produced by resawing lumber at an angle to produce two pieces thicker on one edge than the other. It is installed horizontally and gives an attractive shadow line which varies with the thickness of the wood. Mrs. Laura Elsley, widow of George Elsley, lived in the house until 1924 when Dr. Huxley Johnson moved in. Dr. Johnson was a doctor at the Sunnyside Military Hospital and the Colonel Belcher Hospital. He lived in the house until about 1958. The property went right down to 11th Avenue before it was subdivided in the early 50’s.