The house was occupied by the Richardson family from about 1913 until Mrs. Richardson died about 1960. Charles Richardson was the first principal of Hillhurst School and held that post for 23 years. In 1934 Hillhurst became a junior high and Richardson was transferred to McDougall where he was principal until his retirement in 1945. After Charlie’s death Mrs. Richardson remained in the house until about 1960. The Richardson’s daughter, Barbara Richardson Sparling and her family lived in the house from about 1960 until about 1990. The house today has been extensively renovated, the glassed in front porch is gone but the bones are still there.