1221 17A Street NW

Photo courtesy of volunteer.
Photo courtesy of volunteer.

The first resident was John D. Trotter who occupied the house from about 1913 to 1919.   He had a men’s furnishings store at 114 – 8 Ave. East.  The Winchell family came in 1919.  Mr. Winchell was treasurer of United Engines and Threshers.   The Brown family followed in 1924 until 1925.  Mr. Brown was a special agent with Springfield Fire and Marine.  Ernest Cheney, a clerk with the post office lived in the house from 1926 to 1931.